Implementing SAT 2.0
During the train ride I could create a first pass of the new way of collision checking. First I tried a slight modification to my version. This did fix the issue with false positives somewhat. But I decided to make a fresh piece of code that would take everything into account from the forum post that I found. The actual checking of the collision is way simpler and smaller now. However it doesn’t work correctly yet. But that is almost always the case with a first pass. So hopefully before the weekend I have had enough time to iron out all the initial bugs. Then we can see if that forum post and my way of thinking are on the same line.

Last modified: November 3, 2022